How does wpt find test results? - Printable Version
+- WebPagetest Forums (https://www.webpagetest.org/forums)
+-- Forum: WebPagetest (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: How does wpt find test results? (/showthread.php?tid=14793)
How does wpt find test results? - mverkerk - 03-11-2017 10:05 AM
I am migrating my private instance to a new server and i'm trying to keep all the history, logs, test results, etc.
- The old server has archived all test results to S3
- i configured the new server to point at the same S3 server/bucket
- I have copied ../www/logs/*
I can now see the test history (thanks to the files in www/logs) but when i open any tests that I know are in S3, it says "test not found"
The test does not exist in ../www/results on the new server, nor do any of the related directories because the test never lived on the new server ...
I assumed it was something like this:
- request test result <xyz> in the GUI
- wpt looks for it in the log files (in ../www/logs) to see if it's valid
- if it is, wpt looks in the ../www/results/YY/MM/DD/... folder
- if it's not there, wpt checks settings.ini for the type of archiving
- wpt pulls if from the archive (archive_directory or S3)
- then unzips it and shows it in the GUI
Am I forgetting something?
RE: How does wpt find test results? - mverkerk - 03-12-2017 01:45 PM
This was my own mistake! I didn't make the changes that i submitted in my own pull request! (https://github.com/WPO-Foundation/webpagetest/pull/843) ... doh!
In any case, I got it working and it seems to work as described in my initial post...