Chrome error on profile - Printable Version
+- WebPagetest Forums (https://www.webpagetest.org/forums)
+-- Forum: WebPagetest (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Private Instances (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Chrome error on profile (/showthread.php?tid=14856)
Chrome error on profile - jperciot - 04-12-2017 10:37 PM
I installed a private instance and an agent that should test my website within this server.
The problem is that i receive the error displayed in the screenshot filled in attachments.
The test which is run in another computer (my local pc) the test can be performed successfully, but not on all cases...
Can you help me please ?
RE: Chrome error on profile - jhonore - 04-22-2017 01:02 AM
I have experience same problem when testing wpt 3.0 and the newest agent.
Both server and agent is at the same WIndows Server 2012 R2 machine.
I have tried to use another version of Chrome, but this does not help.
Did you find a solution jperciot?
RE: Chrome error on profile - TMcHardy - 04-25-2017 03:18 AM
I also am seeing this. However, I seem to be getting it on the repeat views. The waterfalls still show up, but the repeat views show a screenshot indicating that the profile could not be loaded. This is occurring consistently on some of my Windows 2012 Chrome test agents, and intermittently on others.
RE: Chrome error on profile - jperciot - 04-26-2017 11:19 PM
(04-22-2017 01:02 AM)jhonore Wrote: I have experience same problem when testing wpt 3.0 and the newest agent.
Not for now...
RE: Chrome error on profile - oog - 04-26-2017 11:25 PM
I have the same issue on Windows Server 2012 standard with Chrome.
I need to use this browser to test a mobile website.
Is there someone from webpagetest website who can help us ?
Thanks in advance
RE: Chrome error on profile - AlexTM - Today 01:29 AM
We faced the same issue today, I spent some time clearing out profiles from Chrome, this is the steps I took:
1. Stop wptdriver from running
2. Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Chrome
3. Go to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ and delete the Google directory and all sub-directories
4. Go to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\ and check there is no profile directory created by WebPageTest - if there is delete the google/chrome folder that resides within (if it exists)
5. It may also be worth looking in the \AppData\Local\ and \AppData\Roaming\ directories of other user accounts on the machine, in case there is some data in there.
6. Open wptdriver again and allow it to reinstall Chrome
7. Once installed I then opened Chrome and no profile error was displayed
We have a series of tests that will run over the long weekend (we're in the UK so public holiday time, hooray!), I am crossing my fingers that this problem does not happen again - I'll report back here if I do see the issue again.