WebPagetest Forums
How to remove test results? - Printable Version

+- WebPagetest Forums (https://www.webpagetest.org/forums)
+-- Forum: WebPagetest (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: How to remove test results? (/showthread.php?tid=15513)

How to remove test results? - joe.privett - 10-11-2018 07:47 AM

I was unaware that the test results were public - how can I delete a test that I have run?

RE: How to remove test results? - pmeenan - 10-11-2018 09:57 PM

Most test results are private by default (unless someone has the result URL). They usually have a long test ID (after the date part) which is a random hash. They will show up in your personal test history but nobody else can find them.

If you REALLY want to delete a test result then you will have to email me the test ID or the URL being tested and I can do it manually.

RE: How to remove test results? - avalanch - 10-12-2018 10:09 AM

(10-11-2018 09:57 PM)pmeenan Wrote:  Most test results are private by default (unless someone has the result URL). They usually have a long test ID (after the date part) which is a random hash. They will show up in your personal test history but nobody else can find them.

If you REALLY want to delete a test result then you will have to email me the test ID or the URL being tested and I can do it manually.

Are you sure about that?

https://www.webpagetest.org/testlog.php?days=2&filter=&all=on

RE: How to remove test results? - pmeenan - 10-13-2018 01:27 AM

They default to private but they can still end up being public if the UI remembered the setting or if specified through the API. I just added support for forcing ALL tests to be private and turned it on so going forward you'd have to jump through a bunch of hoops to actually make a test public on the public instance.

As far as the default list, if the tests were run as public they will be discoverable (and yes, the vast majority are private - there are upwards of 100,000 tests run per day).

If there are some in the test log you're worried about, email me (pmeenan@webpagetest.org) the URLs tested or the test ID's and I can scrub the logs.