WebPagetest Forums
Pagespeed service with WPT private instance - Printable Version

+- WebPagetest Forums (https://www.webpagetest.org/forums)
+-- Forum: WebPagetest (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Bugs/Issues (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Pagespeed service with WPT private instance (/showthread.php?tid=5129)

Pagespeed service with WPT private instance - kiranpolar - 10-14-2011 09:55 AM

Hey Patrick,

I just upgraded to WPT 2.4 and trying to use PSS to compare with and without PSS optimization. I didn't notice any difference and the "optimized" content is not being served from Google's CDN.

The comparison works perfect on webpagetest.org/compare but not using the private instance. Do I require any special key/secret to use that service?

Thanks

RE: Pagespeed service with WPT private instance - pmeenan - 10-14-2011 10:19 PM

No, you shouldn't require any special keys or configuration (though honestly it wasn't really packaged up for general consumption). If you can "publish to webpagetest.org" the optimized test I can see if there is anything obvious in the test that caused it to not work.

RE: Pagespeed service with WPT private instance - kiranpolar - 10-15-2011 08:23 AM

Thanks Patrick for the reply. I don't see any option to publish to webpagetest.org. I also wanted to understand what Back-end (Production,PSA) means.

Thanks,
Kiran

(10-14-2011 10:19 PM)pmeenan Wrote:  No, you shouldn't require any special keys or configuration (though honestly it wasn't really packaged up for general consumption). If you can "publish to webpagetest.org" the optimized test I can see if there is anything obvious in the test that caused it to not work.

RE: Pagespeed service with WPT private instance - pmeenan - 10-17-2011 10:58 PM

In settings.ini there is a "publishTo=www.webpagetest.org" entry (may be commented out). If you uncomment it, you will be able to publish individual test results to the public server for sharing (top-right corner of the test result page will have a link "publish to http://www.webpagetest.org").

Thanks,

-Pat