Current time: 12-06-2020, 09:29 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
third parties yoin my scores...
06-12-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: third parties yoin my scores...
I think the only 3rd-party I'd worry about is the hubspot code. It looks like that one is blocking the visual experience (not sure what it is doing but maybe it is responsible for part of the UI?). It looks like the hubspot code is injected in the head using a document.write (ugh). If you could move the code down to the bottom of the page it would shave ~1s off of the user experience. If you can use the script source directly instead of document.writing it then it would be even better and browsers will be able to discover the resource using their prefetch scanners.

From the looks of it you have done a good job moving the rest of it out of the critical path so it's not blocking the user's interaction: http://www.webpagetest.org/video/compare...VP-r:1-c:0

If you have code that wires up anything in the UI based on the load event then it might be worthwhile to move all of the 3rd-party stuff out to after onload as well but from the visual experience side of things it looks like you are doing really well.

As far as the first byte time goes, AWS is perfectly good but it's performance is going to heavily depend on the software stack (like any VPS or dedicated server). It sounds like you know what you are doing there - my only recommendation would be to try throwing New Relic on the server to see if it can give you any insight into some slow parts that maybe you weren't aware of.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: third parties yoin my scores... - pmeenan - 06-12-2013 12:31 AM