Current time: 10-24-2020, 04:54 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
third parties yoin my scores...
06-14-2013, 03:53 AM
RE: third parties yoin my scores...
(06-12-2013 08:04 AM)GreenGecko Wrote:  Thanks Patrick, I'm trying out the defer_javascript pagespeed page module, which both your site and google insights seem to think have made a difference.

I'm running munin, monitoring most things directly, so I'd say that New Relic would probably be a retrograde step in this instance Smile Problem is lack of grunt to run the code - which is my 'PC' way of referring to code quality...

When using nginx nude, there's almost no CPU hit on the server, and it's sized for this. Pagespeed comes with a CPU hit, so it's a bit of a balancing act until the code gets cleaned up a bit.

Have you tried New Relic (not the server monitoring, the APM side of things)? I'd think it would compliment munin pretty well. The more interesting bits are where it tells you how expensive various database calls, web services and API methods are so you can target fixes pretty quickly.

Here is the view of WebPagetest's performance for workdone.php which is one of the more expensive operations (where the server does some post-processing on test results):

That said, if you're in a position of trying to optimize as much as possible from the outside (code gets thrown at you to run and the quality of said code varies) then it sounds like you've got things well in hand, using PageSpeed to modify the code from the outside and get what gains you can.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: third parties yoin my scores... - pmeenan - 06-14-2013 03:53 AM