Current time: 07-15-2020, 09:30 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Help me to Analyse the Performance and get to the Root cause
05-07-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Help me to Analyse the Performance and get to the Root cause
You're also testing a site based in India from Chicago. If your intended audience is in the USA, then I recommend that you host it there. This is far more important than @Anton's comments re: images, which really aren't that bad - sure they need addressing if you're after every last ounce of performance. However, it would be simpler just to use a decent CDN to deliver them for you.

Much more importantly, your time to first byte is terrible. I can't comment on the server config, as I know nothing about tuning IIS, but this is where your bottleneck is.

Also looking at the code it seems that you've written the app from scratch. The insertion of javascript all over the place makes it hard to read, and I don't know what effect this will make on the performance.

You also normally set the web server to compress html... 150kb will compress down to under 20kb but from the download times, I'd say this isn't being done.

So... look at compression, clean code, look at using a CDN and test from a local node.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me to Analyse the Performance and get to the Root cause - GreenGecko - 05-07-2014 04:28 PM