The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Current time: 12-15-2019, 10:46 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for help on reducing Time To First Byte please!
05-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Looking for help on reducing Time To First Byte please!
Hi all,

First off thank you in advance for any help you can offer, it'll go a long way and will be very much appreciated.

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140515...1/details/

In short I'm looking to reduce the time to first byte speed for the site which is currently sitting at 1.828s for the homepage. It has a clear correlation with search engine rankings compared to any other speed factor; so that's number 1 priority but obviously site speed in general is important.

I have spoken to our webhosts (same firm as our web development) and they moved the site to a new (faster hardware) server which is the IP address you can see in the report. But unfortunately the TTFB speed has actually risen from 1.3 to 1.8 secs.

It is shared hosting environment but I don't know how many other site's they've got on the server (a reverse IP lookup shows only us).

Any actionable tips you can give that I can present to them would be very much appreciated. I'm not very clued up on this stuff unfortunately. The extent of my knowledge would be to optimise images and try to combine request files but that I'm trumped (don't even know if these would afffect TTFB anyway).

Many thanks,
Pete.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Looking for help on reducing Time To First Byte please! - pete_mcal - 05-15-2014 07:52 PM