Current time: 07-10-2020, 09:49 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site built with Wordpress slower than when RVSiteBuilder was used
11-08-2014, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 11:57 PM by pjc123.)
RE: Site built with Wordpress slower than when RVSiteBuilder was used
Thanks for the reply and pointing me exactly where to look.

1) Disable all plugins and re-enable them one-by-one to see which plugin makes the admin-ajax.php call then remove that plugin.
That didn't work because the ajax code shows up at random and unpredictable times, however I found a very recent plugin support thread for this issue, and the author of the plugin is currently working on fixing the problem. This is the main speed killer of my site.

6) You also call Google Analytics twice (ga.js, resource 37, and analytics.js, resource 27). You only need one, and ga.js is asynchronous so I'd use that one.
Looking through the webpagetest results I see that a plugin is calling its own Google Analytics code, not me. That's pretty sneaky.

7) I'd set the caching of the static assets (js, css, png, etc) far in the future, like one year. You can set that on the 'Browser Cache' settings page of W3TC.
I see that there are multiple caching type options in this section, and they are all turned off. Guessing that you meant to turn on the "Set Expires Header" option and associated "Expires Header Lifetime", that is what I did. However I am still getting an "F" grade for "Cache Static Content" with a "no max-age or expires" for each item. The only way I can change this is to activate Cloudflare, and then it uses its own "Minimum Expire TTL" setting of 4 hours. How do I fix that?

I really don't know enough about the other items yet to attempt fixing them, but maybe I will research them in the future.[/color]

EDIT: Updated 11-08-2014
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Site built with Wordpress slower than when RVSiteBuilder was used - pjc123 - 11-08-2014 07:59 AM