Current time: 09-21-2018, 06:40 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is website Nirvana possible? TTFB and Rendering issues
10-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Is website Nirvana possible? TTFB and Rendering issues
Hi folks, I'm hoping you can help...
I work for a small shoe retail company and have been plugging away at trying to make the website as slick as possible. Our website is http://www.beggshoes.com The company we work with have done great work in getting us to where we are now but I have a few things that I just don't understand...

1. On most metrics we seem to be doing ok but the one that bothers me the most is that we score a D for TTFB. Now I know that there are many things that can influence TTFB, our server does seem to throw out erratic "Wait" times when I check on Pingdom and GT Metrix but our web development guys don't seem to be able to do anything to stabilise the wait times and/or lower the TTFB.

2. Another thing that I am battling with is our users have to wait a fair bit of time and then POOF the whole page renders . I would rather they elements loading as early as possible so that they don't wait for 4 seconds with a blanks screen and think that the site is down and just leave.

Before I accept that nothing more can be done, I thought I would just throw it out to the people who know stuff. Am I seeking improvements where improvements can't be had or is website nirvana still possible Smile

Thanks in advance

Craig
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is website Nirvana possible? TTFB and Rendering issues - craigdutton - 10-04-2017 08:51 PM