The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.19-0ubuntu0.18.04.2 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Current time: 09-22-2019, 03:46 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help understand waterfall after using 3rd party image service
09-06-2019, 07:56 PM
Help understand waterfall after using 3rd party image service
Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me understand the results from this test: https://www.webpagetest.org/result/19090...view_step1

I've been testing out using a 3rd party service, Imgix, to serve our images so we can make use of a CDN, image optimisation and resizing.

However, I seem to find that when I have a page that requests lots of images then the TTFB for each image increases massively. Some of these are less than 1kB and taking nearly 5 seconds.

Is this a result of the browser blocking as it can only handle so many requests at a time from a single host? Why then is there a large gap further down the waterfall before a script starts to load. I thought with Chrome it could handle say 6 requests to the same host but could handle around another 4 but in this case it looks like the image requests are blocking.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Jeff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Help understand waterfall after using 3rd party image service - knoxjeffrey - 09-06-2019 07:56 PM