Current time: 10-22-2019, 03:46 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dns-prefetch. Anyone familiar?
04-17-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: dns-prefetch. Anyone familiar?
(02-18-2010 10:45 AM)pmeenan Wrote:  Nope, you've asked a good question, I just don't know the answer but please do post back what you find. You may also want to post it to the yahoo exceptional performance group which is more of a mailing list and has a bunch of people on it as well.

From everything I have read it should be completely asynchronous and start the lookups as soon as it parses it (so higher up in the head the better). Also sounds like Chrome supports it so it's not limited to firefox. Unfortunately pagetest only works with IE so it won't be useful for testing it but it could be a very interesting win for non-IE browsers (particularly for pages that reference a bunch of domains).

Wireshark would be best to be sure but depending on the level of access you have on the box you could use something like http watch (trial available) or if you can't install that, something like Google's Page Speed plugin for chrome (will at least tell you how it performs in chrome).

-Pat

I don't know if this is an old post, but pagetest now works with Chrome and FF as well, right ?

If so, I'd be interested in knowing how this affects performance. Any idea if a site using static0-static3 subdomains could benefit from this ? I think so ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
dns-prefetch. Anyone familiar? - p83822 - 02-15-2010, 08:25 PM
RE: dns-prefetch. Anyone familiar? - pqdbr - 04-17-2012 02:59 PM