Current time: 12-15-2019, 08:28 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Do acceleration products really work for every request, 24x7?
07-16-2010, 12:00 AM
RE: Do acceleration products really work for every request, 24x7?
(07-15-2010 05:49 PM)green-watch.org Wrote:  I was a bit surprised some of the css and javascript were not combined near the top. However, any program that can reduce the number of resources and make the page faster without code changes is a big plus. I would be interested to see how the service stacks up against a website that has already been manually optimized. Perhaps in a few weeks I make a few more tweaks I will request a trial. I am having a pure css menu created to replace my javascript one and I plan to move all javascript to the bottom of the body.

From our research we are aware that most solutions provide significant performance enhancements. However in order to get the most out of them I think you'll always need to consider making some manual changes to your code.

We will be implementing one of the products (decision tomorrow), and will also be prepared to make some manual code changes in order to get the absolute most out the product. The cost is considerably cheaper than implementing best practice manually (by an order of magnitude).

Tomorrow I'll let you know which vendor we will select, and also share the site which the product will be trialled on. Looking forward to finding out for ourselves what this can do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do acceleration products really work for every request, 24x7? - astigley - 07-16-2010 12:00 AM