Current time: 12-15-2019, 08:16 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is it possible to run ENTIRE site (not just images, etc) via CDN?
01-30-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: Is it possible to run ENTIRE site (not just images, etc) via CDN?
Lennie,

The DNS lookup issue seems to be limited mostly to APAC countries. Most of my visitors are from NA and EU, so it's not something I should be overly concerned about.

But even taking the "bad" DNS lookup times into consideration, the pages do load now faster even in Asia/Pacific countries with the html caching implemented at the CDN than they loaded before. The far away locations like AU/NZ/JA have actually seen more speed improvement than the closer NA/EU areas, despite the DNS lookup times.

After a couple of more weeks passes, I may be able to see the improvement (if any) reflected even in Google Webmasters Tools > Labs > Site Performance. I'm guessing the html caching on CDN may contribute to about 100 milliseconds of improvement in the load time of pages on my site on average. 100 ms may not seem like much, but according to GWT the pages on this site already load in the green (fast) zone (currently 1.2 sec), so 100 ms would be about 10% improvement.

Marvin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to run ENTIRE site (not just images, etc) via CDN? - Marvin - 01-30-2012 11:32 AM