MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occured. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
measuring specific times via end-conditions
Current time: 09-22-2020, 06:41 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Hi,
I have the follwing questions concerning the possibilities of measuring specific times in the loading process of a site through the use of end-conditions in scripted tests:

1)
The recorded time of tests scripted with the command setDOMElement is saved in file "1_report.txt": e.g. Time to DOM Element(id'myIdValue). Where is the time of tests scripted with the command setDOMRequest saved?
2)
The "Time to DOM Element" seems to be integrated in WPT Monitor (DOM Time). The time measured via setDOMRequest can't be shown in monitor out of the box?
3)
Does the script-command "requiredRequests" records the time when the listed requests are fired (or their responses returned) like the commands setDOMElement and setDOMRequest do?
If not:
* Is it possible to measure the time when more than one specific DOM-Tree-Elements are loaded?
* Which time isn't recorded before the listed requests send their responses: Time to Document loaded, Time to fully loaded?
* If one of the required requests can't be loaded the test/measurement reaches timeout?
4)
In my sripted tests using end-conditions often the time to start of rendering isn't taken correctly (0.000 seconds). Any ideas why that?

In generally:
I want to measure specific times in the loading process of a site like the following example: images x, y and z are loaded, DOM-Tree-Element x is rendered and another element, e.g a select is usable.
Do you think adapting WPT for measuring souch specific times is a good idea? How would you assess the effort from 0 (nearly possible out-of-the box) to 10 (complete redesign of the browser-plugins for IE, Chrome and FF)?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions/informations, Nils
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
measuring specific times via end-conditions - nilskuhn - 10-11-2011 02:47 AM