Current time: 02-26-2020, 08:57 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do cheap CDNs really deliver?
02-11-2011, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 10:52 AM by Marvin.)
RE: Do cheap CDNs really deliver?
Thanks everyone for very useful feedback.

1. The reason I was experiencing issues not being able to use VPS.NET's CDN was purely of my doing. It was due to a misconfiguration of the CNAME record. Now I'm up and running :-)

2. Pat was absolutely correct. There was no reason for me to so quickly leave MaxCDN. The same problems I experience there are will me now at VPS.NET, and they will stay with me no matter how expensive CDN service I switch to.

Pat and I exchanged PMs, and this is a part of what he suggested after looking at my site:

Quote:It does look like the lack of caching headers is probably what is killing your CDN performance. If you look at the repeat view runs, anything that shows up highlighted in yellow is missing caching headers and can't get cached by the CDN (so it will have to go back to your site for each of them anyway).

I will have to address this before I can enjoy improved performance. With MaxCDN, I think it is possible to adjust these settings right from the user control panel. With VPS.NET, I'm pretty sure these settings are not available to me, so I may need to work on this with my hosting company instead.

Marvin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Do cheap CDNs really deliver? - Marvin - 02-09-2011, 10:46 AM
RE: Do cheap CDNs really deliver? - Marvin - 02-09-2011, 11:30 AM
RE: Do cheap CDNs really deliver? - Marvin - 02-10-2011, 10:30 AM
RE: Do cheap CDNs really deliver? - sajal - 02-10-2011, 11:35 PM
RE: Do cheap CDNs really deliver? - Marvin - 02-11-2011 10:49 AM