Current time: 11-22-2019, 09:30 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Load Time is smaller than Start Render. What does it mean?
03-18-2011, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2011 08:53 PM by Marvin.)
RE: Load Time is smaller than Start Render. What does it mean?
Pat, your looking into it is much appreciated. I don't know at the moment what components are dependent on the yahoo-dom-event, but I think I will just leave at as is (w/out the .js file present). I think it works reasonably fine.

I've observed that if I go to Advanced Settings on the WebPageTest, and I select the Video tab, and I place a check-mark in front of Capture Video, I never get a longer Start Render time than Load Time (which is a good thing :-). But it makes me wonder why this differs from the tests with Video Capture disabled.

I also observed that the resulting Film Strip doesn't seem to show the screen shots in the order I would expect (in at least some tests).

Here's a sample (New Zealand test location): http://www.webpagetest.org/video/compare...CD-r:1-c:0

Notice that the last two screen shots show my home page with no images, even though the 3rd screen shot from the end does display the page already complete with all images. (I get the same results here with and without the last .js file I have removed.)

Marvin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Load Time is smaller than Start Render. What does it mean? - Marvin - 03-18-2011 08:51 PM