Current time: 11-22-2019, 03:40 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page Load Speed, Hostgator and Wordpress
12-06-2014, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 06:26 AM by deforeman@gmail.com.)
RE: Page Load Speed, Hostgator and Wordpress
(07-06-2011 10:14 PM)Conflagrant Wrote:  When I test my sites sometimes I see 2-3s load times, on other days I see 30s+ before the server even delivers first byte.

I am still on shared hosting with HG. Am I expecting too much by wanting a consistent 2-3s page load time? Some time ago I was receiving this level of performance, but over recent months the server seems to be getting slower and slower.

I would happily upgrade to a VPS if I thought it would solve the problem, but advice in that regard is contradictory. Some people say that a low level VPS is less powerful than what I receive on shared hosting so page load speeds might be even slower. This seems counter-intuitive as you obviously pay a lot more for VPS than a shared account.

Conflagrant,

The problem is EIG/HostGator and their cost-cutting ways.

My experience was similar to yours but not quite as severe: 5-6 second page load times when they should be under 2 seconds.

I solved my page load problem along with the HG long-support-wait-time experience by moving client sites to another hosting company - Site5.

Load times were reduced 75%, and were consistent, even without using CloudFlare CDN as I had done on HostGator.

Run, don't walk, to Site5 or another non-EIG-owned reseller hosting company!

HG website load test: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/141204_SQ_AW3/
Site5 website load test: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/141205_QZ_113P/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Page Load Speed, Hostgator and Wordpress - deforeman@gmail.com - 12-06-2014 06:24 AM