Current time: 10-19-2019, 07:48 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the API for Monitoring
05-22-2012, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2012 01:14 AM by hxmws.)
Using the API for Monitoring
Hi All,

I'm looking to use webpagetest for monitoring our website, I'm planning to run a simple transaction using the scripting option available.

My Question is... From the results you are given i.e page_data.csv and requests.csv can anyone tell me how I can see if the transaction completed successfully? Ideally any way of alerting on a transaction that doesn't complete would be awesome.

Thanks
Matt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2012, 01:59 AM
RE: Using the API for Monitoring
If you use a script and specify a DOM Element the test should return an error if the DOM element wasn't found. If you have a specific request that indicates a success then that would work as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-23-2012, 07:29 PM
(05-23-2012 01:59 AM)pmeenan Wrote:  If you use a script and specify a DOM Element the test should return an error if the DOM element wasn't found. If you have a specific request that indicates a success then that would work as well.

Thanks Patrick, I'll take a look at that.

Another quick question for you do you know if it is possible to execute jquery when scripting?

i.e execAndWait $('#blah').click();
Find all posts by this user
05-24-2012, 05:29 AM
As long as the page has loaded jquery then yes. The script executes in the context of the page so anything available is fair game.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user