Current time: 12-10-2019, 11:00 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installed Joomla 2.5 - All F's - Please help. Caching explained
11-21-2012, 10:58 PM
RE: Installed Joomla 2.5 - All F's - Please help. Caching explained
Based on the results you've linked to http://www.webpagetest.org/result/121119...press_text

Compression of CSS and JS isn't enabled, so I guess the compressor plugin isn't doing it's job correctly.

BTW I tend to configure this at the web server level rather than using plugins

Andy

Using WebPageTest - http://usingwpt.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2012, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2012 12:30 AM by PaulWV.)
I have resolved the compressed transfer. Got an A. I keep getting between A and B. It's good.
I disabled two plugins.

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/121121...36a6f9be6/

The problem is with the First Byte and the Cache Static. Both Fs.
0.5s First Byte time. Isn't that good?

Any help would be great on what to do.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
11-22-2012, 07:56 AM
I'd spend more time preparing images for the site, compressing them better. Mod_expires seems to be running fine - you're caching all you've got control over.

Now you need to tune your server... opcode cacher, database configuration, maybe a swap to nginx / php-fpm???
11-22-2012, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2012 06:15 PM by PaulWV.)
Important info:

I finally got an A for First Byte, but not the right solution.

I have Joomla caching turned off and using APC caching. It's slightly slow and it gives an F for First Byte.

**If I enable Joomla caching, it goes VERY FAST and I get an A.

The problem is, when I post news article, I cannot view them right away until the cache clears. I need to have my article show up right away, while using Joomla cahe or else I have to settle for APC caching.
11-26-2012, 02:12 PM
That sort of implies that the Joomla! caching you're using is pre-creating the pages in some way. I find it hard to understand that the inbuilt cache is incapable of automatically refreshing on content update (true!), or that there's no way that you can manually refresh it as a last resort (Tools -> Clean Cache).

According to the Joomla! docs, there are a number of engines that you can use... APC, Eaccelorator, File, Memcache, XCache. Which are you set up with?
11-27-2012, 07:05 AM
I am using APC caching. That shows the updates instantly.

But if I use Joomla "File" caching, I need to clear cache to view updates. We cannot clear cache 50 times daily, it defeats the purpose of caching. I tried the cleancache addon that auto cleans on submission, but that's not a good solution at all.

Yes you're right, it's hard to understand that the inbuilt cache is incapable of refreshing the content automatically.

Thanks