Current time: 12-05-2020, 01:34 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very fast load with white gap in render time / time to complete
03-17-2014, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 10:59 PM by SolarisM.)
RE: Very fast load with white gap in render time / time to complete
ok thanks, so this shows it is mostly rendering within 100ms on my system (repeat view), 60ms of which is the first time to response. Then there's lazy loaded stuff which is not in our control such as analytics js and image preloading.

There isn't a great deal more I think we can do except inline above the fold css which I find is quite difficult to calculate, and I've tried using Paul Kinlan's "amazeballs" code to do that but it fails for some reason.

Out of interest, does anyone have a similar tool to identify critical css to inline?

For those interested, I mostly used APC store and fetch statements (that simple) after profiling our php using xdebug. There's more that can be cached, however it would start to get more complicated for 2-3ms here and there which is probably not worth the effort. A few extra indices in mysql tables also reduce a few queries quite a bit, some from 35ms down to 3-4ms which in the end add up!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Very fast load with white gap in render time / time to complete - SolarisM - 03-17-2014 10:57 PM