Current time: 12-05-2020, 01:32 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very fast load with white gap in render time / time to complete
03-18-2014, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2014 01:44 AM by robzilla.)
RE: Very fast load with white gap in render time / time to complete
It seems you've taken care of all the low and high hanging fruits, and while I understand the desire to go for "the full monty" -- the tiny fruits at the very top, if you like -- there comes a point where your time and energy may be better spent elsewhere. Shaving off an extra millisecond is, after all, unlikely to affect your bottom line, or your users. You'll also want to carefully weigh performance improvements against increased site complexity (as well as impact), especially in light of inlining above-the-fold CSS.

If you do want to go ahead with inlining above-the-fold CSS, the PageSpeed module has a new feature named "prioritize_critical_css" that you could look into. Even if you don't use Apache or nginx, or you don't want to use the module, you could still use it as a tool (on a private reverse proxy, for example) to detect the critical CSS, and then manually implement the information it provides.

http://googledevelopers.blogspot.nl/2013...-with.html

There's also a bookmarklet, but I haven't had time to play with it yet.

I love APC and use it whenever I can for simple data, but have yet to develop a reliable invalidation technique to get more out of it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Very fast load with white gap in render time / time to complete - robzilla - 03-18-2014 01:20 AM