Current time: 10-25-2020, 10:22 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow website; what's your take on this?
04-12-2014, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2014 02:44 AM by JMTC.)
RE: Slow website; what's your take on this?
(04-08-2014 04:49 AM)histerius Wrote:  Maybe you should dump Wordpress. I never used it, but your page is all text and there's no reason for 7.21s load time. Quick comparison: your site 19 request, size 281.3kB; our site 56 requests, size 632.3kB, yet our load time is 1.57s. I believe CDN for a page of just 281.3kB is really not needed. Just my two cents.
Perhaps that might be an option. Ghost seems quick if I should believe this article, but I don't know node.js so there's a lot I should learn and change then. Other PHP based CMS (like Joomla or Drupal) seem less attractive than WordPress to me, so I'd rather stay with WordPress and fix the speed issue with better caching, CDN or a different server.

(04-09-2014 10:57 AM)GreenGecko Wrote:  (...)
To the best of my understanding, the basic CF just delivers your site as a proxy server, so it's still accessing your site to get the html behind the scenes ( you can easily prove that by looking in your weblogs ). As such, it will be slower, not faster than the original, (...)
True, by default CF more or less acts as a proxy. However, I've defined page rules to cache everything (since I don't have dynamic content). In theory, the website is cached at CF's data centres from one week (for the HTML pages) to 6 months (images, css).

If I look at the server data statistics, the first CloudFlare IP with the highest traffic this month so far has only used 6,7mb, almost a half mb per day, so I suppose this edge caching works.

The average page load was this week 2,4 seconds. This average was significantly brought down by my own pageviews (which won't be collected from now on).

The Pingdom loading states for the last week (averages, 1.147 page views) tell the following:

[Image: pingdomLoadingStates_avg_week_till12-4-2014.png]

I read their explanation of loading states here but I'm not knowledgeable enough to interpret these data (frontend and network seem high, but don't know if these are average or out of line).

What is your take on these loading states data?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slow website; what's your take on this? - JMTC - 04-12-2014 09:55 PM