Current time: 01-18-2021, 09:43 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wordpress extremely slow usually, even on empty page
09-10-2014, 06:00 AM
RE: wordpress extremely slow usually, even on empty page
(09-10-2014 03:40 AM)junky Wrote:  1. what can I do about all these external js / css files? can I minify or get them minified somehow?

After another look, you're probably not going to be able to minify many of those .js files without something 'breaking'. Combing them, however, should be relatively easy and will minimize HTTP connections resulting in a faster load. Combining and minifying your CSS should prove non-problematic, (but don't quote me on that). It will take some experimentation and A/B testing on your behalf or on the behalf of whomever will be optimizing your property.

The easiest way would be to use W3TC: Performance --> Minify --> Help (the "Help Wizard" at the top of the page). This function will show you all of the URIs W3TC detects as available for minification and combination. This function also allows you to choose where the combined .js file(s) will be placed, i.e. <head>, <body>, or </body>. Should dependency issue arise, you can also drag-and-drop .js and CSS files into any order within the combined file(s) that you need.

Quote:2. by lazy load of images you mean progressive load?

Lazy load. This particular plugin is tiny (~2kb) and is not jQuery dependent, which is likely what you need. Install and done.

Quote:3. Why conditionally load Disqus?

Even though Disqus' JavaScript is delivered asynchronously, it (almost always and nonetheless) monkeys with a users ability to immediately interact with the page upon which it is loaded.

Best,
AJ
Managing Partner
WpFASTER.org

Make your WordPress website or blog not just faster & not merely fast, but one of the fastest sites in the ENTIRE WORLD.

Performance. Speed. Get Some. WpFASTER!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: wordpress extremely slow usually, even on empty page - ajm_76 - 09-10-2014 06:00 AM