Current time: 01-24-2021, 02:16 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wordpress extremely slow usually, even on empty page
09-10-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: wordpress extremely slow usually, even on empty page
(09-10-2014 07:27 AM)junky Wrote:  I just thought there might be some plugin that could monitor all hooks@plugin/theme-file and see what consumes the time. Could give some information. No?

The easiest way to test your plugins is to disable them, then re-enable them one-by-one and test in between. The P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) plugin is not going to give you accurate or consistent results and wouldn't even if your site were optimized for performance/speed.

All that said, the commitment to the idea that a plugin or plugins may be the root cause of your site's performance issues is to look at WordPress optimization in an incorrect manner (for the most), especially since optimizing your plugins' JavaScript and CSS (i.e. combining files/minifying and caching) will yield entirely different test and real-world, end-user results. Further, I see no evidence that plugins are your site's problems.

What is absolutely certain, however, is that there are several things having to do with basic optimization that are not being implemented; that, if implemented, absolutely will shave seconds off of your site's load time.

The best place for you to start is with the 27 blocking script resources and 18 blocking CSS resources, the other recommendations made in this thread, and the report that has been linked to herein. Get those squared away and your site will be much, much faster for its users.

As an aside, I am unable to replicate the whacky load times indicated in your initial post.

Best,
AJ
Managing Partner
WpFASTER.org

Make your WordPress website or blog not just faster & not merely fast, but one of the fastest sites in the ENTIRE WORLD.

Performance. Speed. Get Some. WpFASTER!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: wordpress extremely slow usually, even on empty page - ajm_76 - 09-10-2014 09:40 AM