Current time: 09-25-2020, 02:00 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interpreting image compression result
11-13-2014, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2014 12:14 AM by jaccobb.)
RE: interpreting image compression result
At the moment I can't. It looks like the vendor is interfering with our site. The main problem was a 10 sec to first byte lag (subject of another thread). After asking the vendor about it now I find that the web page load statistics are disabled, generating server error 500, internal error on url request. I'll be asking the hosting service if they can tell what happened from audit info, and if they can reload the site from a historic copy.

I also need to talk to the vendor. They keep trying to sell us things. Now, after this latest change, they say we need to upgrade the site to fix speed issues. To me that makes no sense. The cause of the issue just seems to keep changing, and none of it seems right. Thanks for any advise.

http://www.burstschocolates.com

(11-12-2014 03:38 AM)pmeenan Wrote:  Do you have a link to the test results by any chance? That sounds like a Page Speed check and it's probably flagging images that are larger (dimensions) that the spot they take on the page (a 20x20 image in a 15x15 spot for example). That's not something that smushit would help with.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: interpreting image compression result - jaccobb - 11-13-2014 12:12 AM