Current time: 03-01-2021, 03:09 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wptdriver 298 broke private instances?
09-01-2016, 04:53 AM
RE: wptdriver 298 broke private instances?
I have failing Chrome and Firefox tests on my private instance with client ami id: ami-4a84a220 in region us-east-1. It started when I stopped all my client instances in us-east-1, when they came back up only IE and Safari tests work now.

I've attached a screen shot of the test result, which states: browser failed to load

Has anyone seen this, or know how to fix it?. I have made any changes to the config files.

Thanks

(08-04-2016 10:08 AM)pmeenan Wrote:  Some questions to help narrow down what might be causing it:

1 - Is it just Chrome tests that are failing?
2 - Is the server running the EC2 AMI or is it your own install?
3 - If your own install, is it configured to auto-update the server code or the agents?
4 - Are the test agents the EC2 AMI's or your own?
5 - What agent version is displayed on your /getTesters.php page?

There was a agent change ~5 hours ago but it was around how the agents communicate with the server and specifically just rewriting http://www.webpagetest.org to agent.webpagetest.org which shouldn't have any impact on anything but the public instance: https://github.com/WPO-Foundation/webpag...3f8855ab23

There was also a 297 update earlier today but that was confined to the Firefox extension (it is now signed and required for Firefox 48).

The public server was migrated to HTTPS + HTTP/2 in the last few hours as well but that shouldn't impact a private instance. The only interaction is that they pull agent updates from the public server but it wouldn't impact tests.

There is also a Chrome update rolling out right now (refresh of 52) that might be causing issues but nothing that I have seen.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: wptdriver 298 broke private instances? - dfreeman - 09-01-2016 04:53 AM