Current time: 06-27-2017, 06:47 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google lighthouse option
05-16-2017, 10:40 PM
RE: Google lighthouse option
@pkamran - if you are using the server AMI it is only configured to launch the Windows AMI's and doesn't know about the Linux ones. I'll update the ec2 locations ini in Github in a bit and they'll show up as new locations.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2017, 10:45 PM
@dbhatt Which options are you looking to configure specifically? Most of the options around device emulation and traffic-shaping are configured automatically based on the test parameters (enable mobile emulation for the WPT test and the same emulation carries into the lighthouse test).

Right now the --max-wait-for-load isn't being set but it makes sense to pass the WPT timeout setting through. Same goes for the WPT setting for additional chrome command-line switches.

The only other option that looks like you might want to tune would be which audits get run though I think it collects all of them by default.
05-17-2017, 05:05 PM
@pmeenan,

Thank you Patrick for your response. Yes, I want to remove some audits which gets run while running light house. You are correct, as by default all the audits are there in the report. So, is there any way to configure the audit list i.e. to choose the audits we want to run?

Many Thanks!
Deepak Bhatt
Find all posts by this user
05-17-2017, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2017 07:55 PM by pkamran.)
Thankyou Very much Patrick, Please let me know once you are done with your changes in GIT.
Smile

Hi Patrick,

One more question is there way to get Lighthouse result in json format?

Thanks,
Pankaj Kamran
05-18-2017, 12:44 AM
The lighthouse results are returned in json as part of the json API response (look for lighthouse at the top level of the results): https://www.webpagetest.org/jsonResult.p...1&pretty=1

Since the API can pull all of the individual checks from the JSON do you really need to turn off the checks at the time of testing? I certainly wouldn't add it as a UI option (API only) and I'm happy to accept a PR for the code but I probably won't be writing it.

The EC2 locations list has been updated in github so as long as your server is pulling updates it should get it within the next hour (-linux is added to each of the locations for the Linux variant).
05-24-2017, 06:22 PM
Hi Patrick,

We are running lighthouse from all ec2 location on our private instance and test are working fine, thanks for that.

But we are facing a problem with the basic Authenticated sites, whenever we run the test with lighthouse enable on Authenticated sites we are not getting Lighthouse results. Please can you let us how we can get those.

Thanks
Deepak
05-24-2017, 11:52 PM
You can't. Lighthouse doesn't support any interaction with the page or adding custom headers so there is no way to set the auth headers.
06-01-2017, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 04:17 PM by dbhatt.)
Hi Patrick,

When I am trying to run the test from Linux machine, tester machines are not launching and we are getting the below error:
Error: Launching EC2 instance. Region: us-east-2, AMI: ami-95c9eef0, error: The requested configuration is currently not supported. Please check the documentation for supported configurations.

Can you please check that and provide me some work around.

Many Thanks!
Deepak
06-01-2017, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 04:16 PM by dbhatt.)
Hi Patrick,

I have some finding -- Linux test instances are spinning up but the master server is not able to pass the tests to the Linux test machine. Can you please help me here.

Regards!
Deepak Bhatt