Current time: 10-22-2020, 10:41 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private instance in Docker on Kubernetes
12-20-2017, 08:20 PM
Private instance in Docker on Kubernetes
I'm wanting to run a private instance on a docker container inside a kubernetes cluster. to that end I've made a pull request for the WPT code I couldn't see a CONTRIBUTING.md or similar file in your the WebPageTest repo.

Can anyone give guidance on how long a pull request would take to be reviewed and any further steps I might need to make?

Note I've also made a related pull request to the helm charts but I know how that side of things work

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2017, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2017 08:52 PM by timothyclarke.)
RE: Private instance in Docker on Kubernetes
Just as a follow up to this one. The WebPageTest pull request has been merged and I'm proceeding with the helm chart pull request.

The design is
* WebPageTest server in a kubernetes cluster
* Agents can be any of Amazon Images, Docker containers or private VM's
For docker containers or private VM's one would need to create a config map to replace locations.ini at /var/www/html/settings/locations.ini

A point to note for future. The docker logs should be to stdout rather than hidden behind supervisord redirect to files

If anyone needs to debug it's useful to tail
tail -f /var/log/supervisor/apache2_stderr.log /var/log/supervisor/apache2_stdout.log /var/www/html/ec2/log/ec2.log.*
08-25-2020, 08:00 PM
RE: Private instance in Docker on Kubernetes
Hi timothyclarke,
Is there any documentation regarding setup and running Webpagetest private instance?. I'm facing some issues with the same.
The chrome browser Crashes, or I get network error. However Firefox tests are passing