Current time: 04-21-2018, 02:12 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I have repeated initial connection and SSL negotiation within same domain?
01-18-2018, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2018 06:12 PM by jasom.)
Why I have repeated initial connection and SSL negotiation within same domain?
On the figure you can see 2 main domains content is downloaded from.

[Image: kKMkxfo.jpg]

Domain 1 has repeated initial connection and SSL negotiation even various resources are on same domain, same server etc.

Domain 2 is from external content donor. All downloaded resources are images and have only one initial connection and SSL negotiation.

Why I have repeated initial connection and SSL negotiation within same domain (1)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2018, 12:39 AM
RE: Why I have repeated initial connection and SSL negotiation within same domain?
There are a bunch of possible reasons. SSL needs to be negotiated for every connection. When HTTP/2 is not being used browsers will open up to 6 parallel connections to each domain to get more parallelism. When HTTP/2 is being used that largely collapses down to 1 though there are still cases where a separate connection will be used for non-credentialed (anonymous) requests (fonts are the most common case though it's possible that images referenced from css could fall into that bucket).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-19-2018, 02:39 AM
RE: Why I have repeated initial connection and SSL negotiation within same domain?
(01-19-2018 12:39 AM)pmeenan Wrote:  ...When HTTP/2 is not being used browsers will open up to 6 parallel connections to each domain to get more parallelism...

Currently site returns "HTTP/1.1 200 OK". So basically, you say I should upgrade to HTTP/2. Ok, thank you for a hint, I will try.
03-28-2018, 05:41 AM
What is your grade for "Keep-alive Enabled"? Keep alive keeps connections open so that the browser doesn't close the connection and open a new one for the next resource on the same domain.