Current time: 12-13-2019, 08:16 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CDN List - Affordable and Effective CDN Websites
06-23-2010, 07:25 AM
RE: CDN List - Affordable and Effective CDN Websites
Hey there,

I have a few more questions about CDNs, especially maxcdn:

For these questions, let's say you have the user's computer ( A ), the original server ( B ), and the closest edge server ( C ).

1. If A is closer to B than to C, does C let A know to download content from B instead of C even though it might be cached at C?

2. If the previously answer is no, then I suppose performance gains can be achieved if B takes this into consideration code wise. B would have to take into consideration A's location, and the distance between A and B, and the distance between A and C.

3. Once content is cached at C, does content get distributed to the other edges servers so it is cached everywhere?

4. A performance suggestion I found on the internet was to have images1.mydomain.com, images2.mydomain.com, etc to allow parallel downloads. With CDNs, would it be better to have all content going through one subdomain even though it may block parallel downloads? I can see caching to be better if there was just one subdomain. Any thoughts about this?

5. Let's say B has a huge resource on C. What stops a user from creating a script to keep redownloading the content to use up bandwidth? I could see this costing the company a lot of money. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CDN List - Affordable and Effective CDN Websites - green-watch.org - 06-23-2010 07:25 AM