Current time: 12-07-2019, 09:56 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CDN List - Affordable and Effective CDN Websites
01-28-2012, 12:39 AM
RE: CDN List - Affordable and Effective CDN Websites
(01-27-2012 01:59 AM)vincej Wrote:  [quote='pmeenan' pid='15915' dateline='1327584784']
Even with a Origin Pull -> Pop Push you would still be hurting unless you got a lot of visits to the same 2000 pages, right? The first person to hit a given page would still pay the CDN populating penalty so it would only benefit someone in another region that needs the same static resources.

Figuring out how to get PoP Push working would make the first visit fast for everybody.

signed up to MaxCDN, great company :-)
ran tests overnight with Origin PULL, yup. no go for my site, first time hit is too large. too many files, too many pages, too much overhead.

Then considered PUSH, till I read that there is a possible lag of 24 hours before the files become available. Aware that is worst case scenario... but still stopped me in my tracks.
scenario: 20 posts added to site, these live immediately on my server, but graphics may not be for xx hours?

I go back to wanting a simple Origin PULL -> PUSH system.

I guess I'll have to use simple web hosting service for my graphic files. I think I can setup a synch system fairly easily, but must know the files will be available immediately.

:-(
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CDN List - Affordable and Effective CDN Websites - vincej - 01-28-2012 12:39 AM