Current time: 12-12-2019, 06:56 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CDN List - Affordable and Effective CDN Websites
02-23-2012, 11:29 AM
RE: CDN List - Affordable and Effective CDN Websites
(02-23-2012 10:45 AM)Marvin Wrote:  Vince, my CDN provider lets me upload (or purge) a specific URL to all of the CDN's servers by simply entering the URL to my control panel. I had nothing better to do this morning, so I wrote a simple script which copied URLs from my spreadsheet and pasted them to my CDN's control panel, one-by-one, about 4000 URLs in total. :-)

Marvin, that's great.
I discoverd that using the PUSH , as you are doing, still meant that the files would not be LIVE for a few hours to days, even at the base CDN location.

I utilize Rsync now with typical webhosting now and found it much speedier in my case than using MaxCDN for MY specific sites.

Can you specify what you actually mean when you say "a specific URL to all of the CDN's servers" -- you sync with each edge location, or they sych internally? If the latter, that's what MaxCDN does... but with the lag on the base CDN to start. Then they propogate (synch) to the edge servers from hours to days later. I guess two hours after upload they are LIVE to all requests. This is because the server you upload to is NOT the same server which feeds out your files, thus a synch cycle is required first.

I found with regular webhosting, they are live as soon as uploaded, instead. A simple "rsync" job covers that quickly for some 90,000 files for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CDN List - Affordable and Effective CDN Websites - vincej - 02-23-2012 11:29 AM