Current time: 12-09-2019, 07:49 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CDN List - Affordable and Effective CDN Websites
03-07-2012, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 08:25 AM by SWortham.)
RE: CDN List - Affordable and Effective CDN Websites
(03-07-2012 07:51 AM)Marvin Wrote:  So basically it seems one needs to host his website at RackSpace to be able to use the CDN. And the RackSpace's CDN offering currently doesn't seem to even offer origin pull, based on what the people in the linked topic mentioned. That's too bad. I'd be interested in testing the Akamai CDN offered by RackSpace if it didn't require me to host my site with RackSpace.

No you don't have to host your website with RackSpace to use the CDN. You just have to host your static files with them. And it's dirt cheap to do so. I've been using them for months and still haven't gotten a single bill or paid them a dime since my usage numbers are so low. It'd be a different story if I had millions of visitors a day. But 500 visits a day with a few images, css, and js files amounts to very little bandwidth usage.

And they do offer origin pull, but only against their own servers. To be clear, what that topic is actually about is the lack of support for a custom origin server.

By the way, if someone tries RackSpace I'd be curious if you experience the same sporadic performance problems I have been recently. It's always possible that it's a localized issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CDN List - Affordable and Effective CDN Websites - SWortham - 03-07-2012 08:04 AM