Current time: 08-07-2020, 06:09 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another time to first byte question
09-14-2011, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2011 09:43 AM by headfonia.)
RE: Yet another time to first byte question
Thanks Patrick,
Yes that is weird how the database isn't cached. I just made a post in the wordpress support forums regarding that, we'll see what Frederick says about it. (I've tried doing the logs again from a different browser that is not cached -- still the same result). Also the size of the APC cache is 128kb and last time I check it was on 50% free (which explains it since the database is not cached).

As for the ad rotation thing, I don't know, moving it to a different system, that sounds REALLY complicated and way beyond my skills. Although now that I've seen the debug pages, I think yes you are right on that.

Okay I did a few tests and I think I sort of understand why things aren't cached. On the front page, most of the queries seem to be from:
- adrotate plug in (lots of them)
- the theme itself that lists a number of posts in a thumbnail format -- they ask for a new query every single time.
- the popularity posts plug in which lists the most popular posts.

At the moment I need to find a way to eliminate these problems, but at the same time I probably can't start stripping off features off the site. This is not going to be easy.

I will try talking to the theme and plug in creators and see what they say about this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet another time to first byte question - headfonia - 09-14-2011 09:24 AM