Current time: 08-08-2020, 07:04 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Webpagetest limitations
10-06-2011, 11:10 PM
RE: Webpagetest limitations
(10-06-2011 04:02 PM)zane Wrote:  I just wanted to check something about your reply to my first question. Yes, I am just looking to be able to run more tests. You said that multiple agents can pull data from the same queue, but is it possible to have multiple agents running on the same machine? The server that I tried running it on has quite a high bandwidth, so it would be nice to have 5 different websites being tested at the same time on the same computer. That would mean that 5 different instances of internet explorer would have to pop up though.

The main way we support running multiple instances on a single computer is to put them in VM's (which won't work on a VPS host). We used to support running multiple instances in parallel but a lot of things don't work well in that model so we stopped supporting it:

- Start render, screen shots and video capture all require that the browser window be visible. With multiple browsers this means either small windows or an enormous desktop.

- The dummynet traffic shaping is difficult to do across multiple browser instances (to put it mildly). We had support for binding each browser to a different IP address and traffic shaping each of them independently but it wasn't really worth the effort and still wasn't a perfect solution.

VM's just ended up being a lot cleaner.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Webpagetest limitations - zane - 10-05-2011, 09:51 PM
RE: Webpagetest limitations - pmeenan - 10-06-2011, 02:27 AM
RE: Webpagetest limitations - zane - 10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
RE: Webpagetest limitations - pmeenan - 10-06-2011 11:10 PM
RE: Webpagetest limitations - zane - 10-07-2011, 11:11 PM