Current time: 11-13-2019, 09:06 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page Load Speed, Hostgator and Wordpress
07-07-2011, 04:33 AM
RE: Page Load Speed, Hostgator and Wordpress
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I set the page cache to be recreated every 24hrs. Seemed to be most "server friendly" settings I could think of.

Page cache = on
Mode = Disk (enhanced)
Pre-cache = 86400s

It is not just this site that has the issue. The one in that test is quite small/new. My main site is a few years old and used to be snappy but now loads like a slug. I have deleted some plugins and carried out other reasonable measures to regains its speed but basically it is the same. Fast some of the time (2-3s), moderate/slow most of the time and occasionally totally ridiculous (30s+).

Your comment about a lot of activity is how I see it too. I totally accept that shared hosting means thousands of sites on the same server, but I cannot accept 30s+ page loads when I have a site on that server that is making money. The attraction of a VPS is that any demand problems are at least of my own making.

Is it true that VPS are also oversold?

Seriously thinking about buying one, but while I can code pages I know almost nothing about Apache apart from some .htaccess commands. Any recommendations for a managed VPS? Not sure I want to reward HG by upgrading the account if the problem is their end.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Page Load Speed, Hostgator and Wordpress - Conflagrant - 07-07-2011 04:33 AM